| Can’t go to Italy? Consider Renting a Villa in Wine Country
Submitted by Arlene Winnick
Staycations are hot this year, and many ‘staycationers’ have added a new dimension to the concept by planning staycations in a favorite location combining the value of staying in a home and enjoying the lifestyle of the destination.
Country Sojourns (www.countrysojourns.com), a division of luxury villa company BeautifulPlaces, now offers a portfolio of homes for rent in the Northern California Napa and Sonoma wine regions. Prices begin at $4,500 a week.
“Our Country Sojourns division was designed to meet the needs of ‘staycationers’ with a variety of affordable homes. All properties meet our high standards; our CS team is available to assist renters 24/7; and the local knowledge of our concierge service allows our guests to instantly feel like a wine country native,” says Lisa Graves, co-founder of BeautifulPlaces.
“Staycationers who rent our properties include families – often two families renting together and sharing expenses; food and wine enthusiasts who enjoy preparing local foods in our gourmet kitchens; and multi-generational groups who prefer the togetherness a home offers.”
The Country Sojourns local concierge team provides ‘staycationers’ with an up-to-date list of the many affordable and free activities in the region (often missing from the local guidebooks) including pick your own fruits, herbs and vegetable farms; flea markets and tag sales; concerts and movies in the vineyards; art exhibits; cooking and craft demonstrations; local artesian food tastings; family friendly activities; vineyard tours, tastings and wine education; local parks, hiking trails, nature preserves, and recreational events. “It’s like having a best friend in wine country!” adds Graves.
A home rental offers everything a ‘staycationer’ is looking for:
· The spaciousness, privacy, comfort and savings of a home versus cramped costly uniform hotel rooms
· Healthy money-saving meals and snacks prepared in your own kitchen with foods purchased at local markets and farm stands or picked from your private culinary garden plus discover local wines to bring home and create your own tasting experience
· Flexibility – Everyone is free to do whatever they want under one roof. Grandpa wants to nap; mom wants to read; Dad wants to practice his golf swing; Grandma wants to cook her special dessert with her granddaughter; and the boys want to watch the big game
· Enjoy the great outdoors in your own backyard with picnics, bbqs and games or just grab a book and head for the nearest lounge chair;
· A rainy day - kick back and watch those DVDs you’ve been meaning to catch up on;
· Bring your pet and save on boarding.
The Country Sojourns website (www.countrysojourns.com) offers a variety of affordable homes: from cozy two-bedroom cottages to spacious family houses; from homes close to local towns to retreats at the end of a long country lane; from contemporary design to rustic farmhouses. Country Sojourns believes selecting the right home rental is a very personal process so all guests speak to a representative prior to booking.
For more information, call 1-800-495-9961 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Arlene Winnick is the public relations representative for Country Sojourns.